-->

Monday, February 07, 2005

Forbes.com: Mozilla's Thunderbird Takes Off

Forbes.com: Mozilla's Thunderbird Takes Off: "A few months ago, I tried a beta version of Mozilla's free e-mail program Thunderbird. Despite the accomplishments of their Web browser Firefox, Thunderbird just wasn't ready for prime time. It was a little less than stable, and it choked when importing large volumes of e-mail archives from other programs.

Today I'm ready to reverse my previous judgement. In a few short weeks, Thunderbird 1.0, the first official release, has quickly grown into my own personal information command center. I've been using Thunderbird on four machines, two running Microsoft's (nasdaq: MSFT - news - people ) Windows XP and two running Apple Computer's (nasdaq: AAPL - news - people ) Mac OS X. Not only is it an excellent, flexible and stable e-mail program, but it's also a powerful tool for efficiently keeping up on Web sites that I read regularly. "

Google
Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.