-->

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Web Design for All the Senses

Digital Web Magazine

Some very interesting ideas, I especially like his points about introducing "tactile interaction into my overall Web experience " smell of seaweed, sound of waves...

"Sit back from your monitor a little bit. Stop clicking. Look around. What in your environment, while you are interacting with your computer, is designed to stimulate your sense of touch? I’m guessing that very few of us have anything like that available. Yet, if available, every single time I gently rubbed a piece of trademark Burberry or branded cashmere, the company or product that introduced that tactile interaction into my overall Web experience would benefit from it. I might be on the CNN site being bombarded by expensive ads from big companies, but I’ll be gently rubbing that little piece of fabric and warmly appreciating the company that was thoughtful enough to put it there, rather than the advertisers.

It is just basic experience design—think beyond the specific media and create a better overall experience."

His favourite example is MICHELANGELO.COM "Michelangelo.COM is a web design and production studio specializing in innovative design, interactive content, commerce & identification" and their work...

Google
Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.