-->

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Simply Fired | If You Don't Laugh, You'll Cry

Simply Fired | If You Don't Laugh, You'll Cry Web Site Devotes Itself to Strange Firings....

Firing Announced to the Whole Company via E-mail

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few years ago I was fired from an Internet startup in a very public way. The CEO of the company had evidently been having a conversation via e-mail with one of the VPs about letting me go. The VP mistakenly posted his response to this very private thread to the whole company. As I checked my e-mail the following morning, I read about my impending firing along with all my fellow employees. So it wasn't a big surprise when I received a call a few hours later from the CEO breaking the already broken news... along with an apology for "the VP’s stupidity."

Google
Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.